Bethlehem Lutheran Church
Sunday Service 10:30am
4th & Ovington Avenues
Brooklyn NY 11209
Revised Worship Protocol
Approved by the Church Council on March 17, 2022
- No restrictions on seating in the sanctuary.
- The congregation will sing all verses of the hymns unless otherwise instructed by the organist or pastor.
- No Sharing of the Peace. Pastor will say, “The peace of the Lord be with you always” and the congregation will respond “And also with you.”
- Resume passing of the offering plates while the choir sings the anthem.
- Holy Communion will continue to be served with one line (left side of the church first, then right side). Continue with individual cups, no common cup. The individual cups will no longer be spaced out in the trays.
- The choir will determine the best protocols that work for them.
- The acolytes, choir and Pastor will process at the beginning of the service, and will also recess at the end of the service. Pastor will greet the congregation at the back door of the sanctuary.
- Sunday School children will resume the role of greeters at the beginning of the service.
- Coffee hours to resume on Palm Sunday (4/10/22).
- We will gather for our Passover Seder on Maundy Thursday (4/14/22) and our breakfast on Easter morning (4/17/22).
The Worship/Music Commission will meet periodically to review the worship protocol and will make recommendations to the church council for approval.
We are very thankful for the care and concern our Worship/Music Commission and our church council have displayed with respect to the safety of our worshipers at Bethlehem. We look forward to worshiping together safely, comfortably and with more fellowship opportunities.